Caledonia Parks and Recreation Mission Statement, Objectives, and Code of Conduct for Summer Baseball and Softball Program
Our mission is to provide a positive and instructional baseball & softball league for children where the focus is on participation, fundamentals, and enjoyment of the game.
Our objectives are to provide an organized program for City of Caledonia youth that will accomplish the following:
- Teach the fundamentals of baseball & softball
- Develop self-confidence
- Develop respect for others, teamwork, pride in team and community
- Incorporate the spirit of good sportsmanship in victory and defeat
- Allow every player the opportunity to participate and develop
- Play in a safe and healthy environment
- Build character and set priorities in our lives
- Allow everyone to have fun and enjoy life
- Promote physical fitness, stamina, and agility
Coach-Parent-Player Code of Conduct: By registering your son or daughter to play in the summer baseball and softball league, you are agreeing to be bound by the Caledonia Parks & Recreation Coach-Parent-Player Code of Conduct. Please familiarize yourself with the code prior to finalizing the registration. We expect everyone associated with the program to be a good role model for our kids and represent our community in a positive manner. Violation of this Code of Conduct may result in dismissal from the Caledonia Summer Baseball and Softball Program without a refund of the registration fee.
1. Demonstrate a positive attitude. All are expected to be respectful and courteous of everyone involved in the sport; including teammates, coaches, fans, and umpires.
2. Show good sportsmanship before, during, and after a game. Win or lose, all will conduct themselves in a respectful manner.
3. Show respect for all facilities used during practices, games, and tournaments.
4. Be supportive of all people involved in practices and games.
REMINDERS: It’s a recreational program, and the kids are not professional athletes. Coaches are volunteers. Bad calls will happen; Exercise self-control and respect the umpires. Be a role model; don’t make negative comments about the coaches, the umpires, other players, or the other team.